[kde-community] Statement of support for our devs?

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Oct 21 06:41:26 BST 2013

On Monday 21 October 2013 01:57:46 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Martin has written repeatedly he thinks he is going through abusive
> behaviour and baseless claims. And it is not pointed only to him but
> to a KDE project (KWin specifically, but KDE SC as a whole for
> supporting Windows and not Mir)
> http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2013/10/thoughts-about-the-open-source
> -tea-party/
>
> And we are going to just keep hacking on our projects and do nothing?
let me just says THANK YOU! It felt very good to see this thread :-)

I do not consider the fact that Mark attacks me (though I have an unread mail
from him in my inbox with subject "Not a personal attack") as a problem which
requires a public reply. But I consider the fact that Mark attacked basically
all of FLOSS in one go and gives fanboys and trolls more false claims to throw
at us as a huge problem. I think we as a community should stand united against
such attacks against FLOSS - we can see that for example Lennart also
considers that the post was aimed at himself and wrote a response very similar
to mine. It's not about me or KDE, it's about our friends at GNOME, Red Hat
and Intel, too.

Now I do not think that having a public article on that topic on the dot would
do any good. There has been enough about it already on the Internet and I
think Mark is by now quite aware that it backfired.

Nevertheless I would suggest that the CWG gets in contact with the respective
members of the Ubuntu community (e.g. Jono) to make clear that such a behavior
is not accepted inside the KDE and Ubuntu community (both I and Lennart point
to the Ubuntu Code of Conduct for example).

Cheers
Martin