[kde-community] Statement of support for our devs?

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sun Oct 20 16:37:21 BST 2013

On Sunday 20 October 2013 13:08:23 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> I don't want an answer to Mark, but a very firm statement that KDE
> makes decision based on technical reasons and not some ideological
> stance would be great. And that KDE (the community) stands behind
> every project.
>
> We know the kind of pressure that developers can go through, and
> support from the rest of the community would be nice.

While I can only imagine the frustration the KWin developers
in particular must feel, personally I don't think we should
allow ourselves to be dragged down to their level by gracing
Shuttleworth' drivel with any kind of officially branded re-
sponse. I feel this is not a form of interaction we should
promote as valid and recognized for the FOSS community.

Frankly, his post is fairly self-destructive anyhow - it's
as far from a technical argument as can be, which is no doubt
readily apparent to any hacker who read it, and who generally
don't appreciate vacuous fear mongering and hysterics after
that fashion. We don't need to remind them of that, folks are
smart enough.

I recommend to just sit back, shrug and continue hacking,
there's a lot of stuff to do :).

> Best Regards,
> Alvaro

Cheers,