[kde-community] Voting proposal: dealing with stormy days in our community

Marta Rybczynska marta at rybczynska.net
Sat Oct 12 16:11:16 BST 2013

I've made yet another re-read of the text and I think that it requires
some clarification of "who does what". Suggestions in the text below.

Marta

On środa 09 październik 2013 10:58:01 Jos Poortvliet writes:

> *The proposal*
>
> This is meant as *addition* to the way the CWG work. The CWG has been around
> for a while, it has build a reputation and trust. It has shown to be good,
> helpful and not dangerous. This is a good time to give it teeth.

> infrastructure. The process needs to be documented fully; the e.V. Board acts
> as a place for appeal. The e.V. membership has the right to appoint a
> committee to review the decisions and actions via these documents afterward.
>
> *What happens*
>
> 1. warning
> Once the CWG feels somebody is unwilling to change their behavior after
> (many) open and friendly conversations, they warn this person. The warning
> (to be worded by the CWG) states that if the person does not stop this
> behavior, a cool down period of 2 weeks will be enforced. This means two
> weeks no access to any KDE infrastructure.

The observation period starts from the moment the warning is sent.

> 2. Time-out
> if the person doesn't break any rule for 2 months, the process resets.
> 3. judging
> If the person in question continues to behave badly within the 2 month
> period, he/she gets his/her cool down period of two weeks no access to KDE
> e.V. managed infrastructure.

If the CWG decides that the person in question continues to behave badly within the 2 month
period, the cool down period starts. The person in question gets a period