[kde-community] Why were there no talks about Ubuntu Mobile at Akademy?

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Aug 22 08:21:51 BST 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 7:55 AM, Michael Zanetti <mzanetti at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 21 August 2013 13:00:26 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > On Wednesday 21 August 2013 10:59:29 Mario Fux KDE ML wrote:
> > > Am Mittwoch 21 August 2013, 09.14:58 schrieb Michael Zanetti:
> > >
> > > Morning Michael
> > >
> > > Thanks for your and Albert's explanations.

> on
> involved in

> this
> feel
> discuss

> stuff
> example

> Which
> person
> and

> aware
> clue
> > >
> > > So here my two questions:
> > > - What could we do that this "Gnome/GTK Canonical people" would be
> better
> > > informed about KDE Frameworks?
>

> I think subscribing to the ubuntu-phone mailing list and just start
> following
> what people are doing. Seeing what people are working on, ideas where stuff
> could be shared should pop up on its own I guess.
>
> Starting to package up the libs that start to become usable might be a good
> thing too.
>
> But in the end, building showcases is always the best I'd say. How about
> porting some KDE apps to Ubuntu Touch?  Doing a good job there would
> definitely draw attention to it. Especially at this point in time where
> every
> new app still gets like 5 blog posts dedicated to it.
>
> Doesn't even need to do some real thing. Already demos of how to use some K
> goodness would help I think.

One problem here is that we cannot try that on the real device until we
have one. In my experience the last few years in the (kde) mobile field,
people are not that interested in such things when they do not have
gadgets. That applies for me, too. I have tiny applications in
playground/mobile which I could port easily, but I do not have the
motivation without a real device.

-- Laszlo