[kde-community] Conflict Resolution

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 13:01:52 BST 2013

Hi all,

Peter, Valerie and myself will host a session on Monday from 17:00 to 18:00 to
discuss how we, in KDE, can and should deal with the dark side of communities:
poisonous behavior and conflicts.

I believe that currently, we are missing a process for the 'worst cases' where
people prove to be unwilling or unable to change their behavior and continue
to damage our community. I think there needs to be such a process (with
banning people from the community as ultimate outcome). There also has to be a
good way to ensure it does not get used as a weapon (thus there has to be
oversight).

I've got some ideas about that which I will outline at the BoF. If you are
interested in this subject, try to be there.

After the discussion I hope to share a decent (start of a) plan on this list
so we can give it some wider scrutiny.

Hugs,
Jos