[kde-community] KDE ev board candidacy

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Wed May 22 10:26:25 BST 2013

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Jonathan Rigsby
<jonathanrigsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering, who gets to vote in the election and, pardon my
> ignorance (I'm rather uninformed), what is the "ev board"?
>
> Good luck to everyone in the election. :)

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your questions.

KDE e.V. represents the KDE Community in various ways--business,
financial, and legal. It does not govern or control technical matters.
KDE e.V. is a non-profit association.[1]

The KDE e.V. Board of Directors is an elected body that guides
implementation of KDE e.V. matters.[2]

Members of KDE e.V. are the legal participants in the non-profit
association, and are eligible to vote on the Board representatives.[3]

Active KDE contributors are encouraged to assist with guiding KDE e.V.
by becoming members. However, membership in KDE e.V. is not required
to contribute to KDE technically or in any of many other ways. The
KDE-community mailing list is intended to keep people informed whether
or not they are KDE e.V. members.

Carl Symons, KDE News editor (dot.kde.org)

[1] http://ev.kde.org/
[2] http://ev.kde.org/corporate/board.php
[3] http://ev.kde.org/members.php