D28444: WIP/RFC: Add ECMCargo module

Carson Black noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 31 00:12:51 BST 2020

cblack added a comment.

  In D28444#638428 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D28444#638428>, @apol wrote:

  > I wonder if this is covering a very widespread use-case. If there's just one application that needs it, it could make sense to keep it there and once it's polished, we put it in ECM to share.

  I feel like one of the reasons KDE doesn't use Rust more is that using it in the build system side is pain. Case in point: more than half of Ikona's CMakeLists.txt is boilerplate dedicated to integrating Rust with the rest of the project. I'd like to get this in ECM to lower the barrier for other KDE applications and libraries to utilize Rust.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D28444