D28355: Introduce function ecm_install_configured_file

Pino Toscano noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 27 18:42:57 GMT 2020

pino added a comment.

  Nice one! I cannot test right now though, I might do it over the weekend (do not hold on me though).

  I took the liberty of doing some formatting changes to the header of the new file, what do you think?

    #.rst:
    # ECMConfiguredInstall
    # --------------------
    #
    # Take as ``.cmake.in`` file, runs ``configure_file`` and installs it in the
    # given location.
    #
    # ::
    #
    #   ecm_install_configured_file(<FILE> <INSTALL_DIRECTORY>)
    #
    # Example usage:
    #
    # .. code-block:: cmake
    #
    #   ecm_install_configured_file(foo.txt.cmake.in ${KDE_INSTALL_FULL_DATADIR})
    #
    # This will install the file as ``foo.txt`` with any cmake replacements made
    # into the data directory.
    #
    # Since 5.69.0.

    #=============================================================================
    # Copyright 2020  David Edmundson <davidedmundson at kde.org>

  Also, not sure whether you need a .rst file in the docs/module/ directory.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ECMConfiguredInstall.cmake:46-48
> +    # strip .cmake.in from the end
> +    # if that isn't there, we continue as-is
> +    string(REGEX REPLACE ".cmake.in$"  "" _name ${_name})

considering we are documenting the input file as `.cmake.in`, should we enforce this here and ignore any file not ending like that?

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D28355