ECM unittest fails, why?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Mar 22 09:50:39 GMT 2020

The CI for ECM has been failing ever since the tests were re-enabled.

https://build.kde.org/job/Frameworks/view/Platform%20-%20SUSEQt5.12/job/extra-cmake-modules/job/kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.12/103/console
shows that ECMPoQmToolsTest fails with "tr_thread_test.moc: No such file or directory".

I have been trying to reproduce this locally, but no such luck.
* Compiled cmake from git tag v3.16.2, to match the exact version used by CI, and prepended its install prefix to my $PATH
* In a clean clone of ECM :

$ mkdir build; cd build
$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DBUILD_TESTING=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="/home/jenkins//install-prefix/" -DBUILD_COVERAGE=ON -DECM_ENABLE_SANITIZERS='address' -DBUILD_QCH=TRUE ..
  # ^ this is to match the options given by CI, but the last three have no effect in ECM
$ make
$ ctest --verbose -R ECMPoQmToolsTest

But this works fine here. One of the very first things that happen is [  2%] Generating tr_thread_test.moc

Any idea?
Can anyone reproduce the problem?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5