D26752: ECMAddAppIcon: Do not warn about mac and window icons if isnt a OS specific build

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Sun Jan 19 16:19:37 GMT 2020

I think we are misunderstanding eachother here.
If I'm developing the software and running cmake all the time, having a
warning that I can't fix (because it depends in another platform) is noise,
but still being a developer I don't want to run with -Wno-dev.
I do work in applications that targets more than one system (and they are
mac / windows / ios / android) I tend to use buildhosts, and those
buildhosts will tell me the warning - if any. But only if I'm targeting
them.

I don't see the gain on having a warning - in a windows system, about
missing mac icons if I'm not *deploying*.
nor I do see a warning on a linux system about windows or mac run time
issues (and missing icons is a run time issue).