D26749: WIP: Support NDK r20 and Qt 5.14

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 20 08:45:28 GMT 2020

vkrause added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> apol wrote in Android.cmake:173
> Why's this better? Or how is it different?

It's "better" in the way that it actually works with NDK r20, while CMake 3.16 failed to even pass the basic compiler checks. For a toolchain file shipped with a toolchain making adjustments for toolchain changes is of course possible immediately, while with CMake we have to wait for the next release if such changes are necessary.

It's unfortunately different in various variable names as well in some details of what it sets or doesn't set. That's where most of the changes in this file come from.

The main reason we didn't use this right from the start, and probably also the reason the toolchain file in CMake exists is that the NDK didn't have CMake support in older versions.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D26749