D29096: Prefix includes and libs dir with QT_SYSROOT

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 23 11:53:46 BST 2020

kossebau added a comment.

  Thanks for the explanation, fear though I am missing some details and thus have not yet understood the problem and the solution. Not having done much cross-compilation-library-setups naively I would have thought that when building a library which uses ECMGeneratePriFile and preparing it for cross-compilation, the installation prefix would be hardcoded into the generated artifacts.. Seems that instead files are relocated sometimes, changing their path & prefix, or tools snipping of some things? So $$[QT_SYSROOT] would make up for that, when having a library build normally for a system, but then deployed to the cross-compilation system below some path? Just curious in case you have time to teach me, positioning myself here as curious person at the sideline :)

  For what I tested at least, the setups I was interested in with my question, non-systemwide installations, like for a developer having their development env in their home folder and helping qmake to find pri files using QMAKEPATH env var, this patch seems to not affect this, so no objections from me :)

  To help getting some people who can judge this is a proper patch for the actual purpose, adding some more explicit reviewers now.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D29096