D28355: Introduce function ecm_install_configured_file

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 2 10:38:54 BST 2020

davidedmundson marked 3 inline comments as done.
davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kossebau wrote in ECMConfiguredInstall.cmake:62
> Actually, _configure_args could be a list  (starting with empty, not "") and one would do list(APPEND). And cmake would then properly resolve that var when used with configure_file I would expect (to be tested).

COPY_ONLY I think is mutually exclusive anyway.

List are nicer than messing with a string anyway. I've done that.

> kossebau wrote in check_tree.cmake.in:4-11
> This could become a macro/function perhaps, instead of repeating the same logic 4 times. Actually one that should get moved to tests/test_helpers.cmake later, as I remember other places which also check generated files against file samples.
>
> But can also be done as follow-up by someone (tm).

Heh, I'm wary of the trap where you end up needing tests to test the tests.

I've done it anyway. As a function. It's not in test_helpers yet, but would serve as a base.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D28355