D21313: Create specific directory for kdebugsettings categories file

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 27 21:48:32 BST 2019

dfaure added a comment.

  My suggestion is to call this qlogging-categories5.

  The 'q' prefix is missing to make this qt-specific rather than cross-toolkit.
  The "logging" instead of "debug" is because this affects all types of messages, and this is all about what's called "logging categories" in Qt.
  The "5" will allow co-installation of the qt5 and qt6 versions of the same library (but it will require two versions of kdebugsettings, or that kdebugsettings looks in both places -- but that can be done later).

  I wouldn't name it after the application using this, because well, it could change name, and there could be more apps using this (e.g. akonadiconsole, kdevelop...).

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21313