D21381: use org.freedesktop.appstream-glib package to validate appstream data

Matthieu Gallien noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 25 10:44:07 BST 2019

mgallien added a comment.

  In D21381#469617 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21381#469617>, @apol wrote:

  > How about we test against both?

  I have just pushed a new diff to do that.
  I am not sure if it desirable to keep appstreamcli test given it fails to validate files that are validated by flathub and appstream-utils (without flathub patches).

  > And maybe it should be using `appstream-util validate` instead of forcing it through flatpak?
  >  It will make it easier to be able to run it in build.kde.org.

  I would like to also get an extra test to do that on setup where flatpak is available given that flathub uses a patched appstream-utils with relaxed validation constraints.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21381