D16894: [ECM] use a macro to add compiler flags conditionally

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 29 22:53:16 GMT 2019

dfaure added a comment.

  > SUPPORTED_IF : add the flag(s) if the expression is true?

  Yes.

  > TRY_IF: query the compiler if the expression is true?

  Yes.

  > How would that intersect with the SUPPORTED_IF test?

  In addition.

  AFAICS this is what you implemented, so I like it. I just find SUPPORTED_IF (as an intro to the condition) more readable than IF_SUPPORTED.

  The macro name seems fine to me.
  In plain English one would say "Add this flag if it's supported. It's supported for sure if condition A is true. Also try it if condition B is true, since it might work then, but we can't be sure".
  In that sentence, one can read "if supported" for the macro name, "SUPPORTED IF" for the first condition, and "TRY IF" for the second condition.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16894