D18547: Don't enable -Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant on apple clang

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 26 19:18:15 GMT 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  This is in fact cmake's fault, or ECM's for not taking a cmake quirk into account.

  If you add an unknown option then all subsequent tests to see if the compiler supports a given argument will fail because cmake does not take into account which of the options generates a warning or error.

  It's probably also a build system issue that builds break because of this. Instead of adapting it continues to add the visibility options, but the headerfiles that should add export magic to public symbols do not contain that magic.

  Back when I found the origin of the issue (and created my diff, a few months ago) this affected only relatively few projects and I could for instance build most if not all of the frameworks with an Apple clang that vaguely corresponds to v3.5 .

  The most appropriate quick fix is in my previous comment - evidently this supposes that no unsupported compiler argument is already present in the arguments list.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D18547