D23551: CMake config files: use as min dep version the Qt version we built against

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 29 00:44:33 BST 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  In D23551#521571 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23551#521571>, @apol wrote:

  > This will only work one-way. If the "wrong" Qt is older, but it's not necessarily the case.
  >  Also cmake may be linking against the "right" Qt but then use the "wrong" one at runtime.

  Yes, this will not fix everything, just make things a bit more correct, and help at least in some situations. There is nothing lost, besides having to maintain one more variable.

  Because right now, in some builds the generated CMake config is wrong about the min version when building against latest Qt (KIconThemes & KIO at least, due to some `#if QT_VERSION >= QT_VERSION_CHECK(5, 12, 0)` dependent API usage).

REPOSITORY
  R263 KXmlGui

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D23551