D23262: disable autouic again - it breaks builds

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 19 15:01:16 BST 2019

sitter created this revision.
sitter added reviewers: apol, nicolasfella, cullmann.
Herald added projects: Frameworks, Build System.
Herald added subscribers: kde-buildsystem, kde-frameworks-devel.
sitter requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  autouic (like automoc) assumes that every ui_*.h include statement it finds
  relates to a .ui file that needs generating. this is not always true.

  e.g. we have software which generates ui_debug.h which is simply
  a qloggingcategory header for the UI category of that software which would
  then trip up autouic because it would assume there's a .ui file when there
  really isn't one.

  unfortunately the ui_ assumption cannot be selectively disabled, so we
  can't have explicit listing of .ui in source lists

    set(foo_SRCS foo.cpp foo.ui)

  without also getting the not particularly compatible include assumptions.
  this should be revisited for kf6 since there isn't a technical need for
  files to be called ui_*, they could just as well be *_ui or anything else
  so as to not clash with autouic assumption.

  autorcc does not suffer from this problem so we can leave it enabled, for
  now anyway.

TEST PLAN
  sonnet builds again

REPOSITORY