D15070: Bindings: Query the install directory from python

Christophe Giboudeaux noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 7 08:33:42 BST 2018

cgiboudeaux added a comment.

  In D15070#318496 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15070#318496>, @bruns wrote:

  > And why isn't it up to the user to set GPB_PYTHON2_SITEARCH when installing out of the usual directories?

  Because we don't install things out of CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH unless asked explicitly. The logic has to be reversed...and the name changed: GPB_*_SITEARCH is fine as a internal name but noone will remember it when running CMake.

  Suggestion:
  Do what the KDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS option does (OFF by default): If the option is set, the files are installed in the system dirs.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15070