D15070: Bindings: Support using sys paths for python install directory

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 1 12:52:15 BST 2018

bruns marked 2 inline comments as done.
bruns added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> cgiboudeaux wrote in FindPythonModuleGeneration.cmake:39
> KDE_INSTALL_USE_PYTHON${version}_SYS_PATHS shall be added to the doc

Yes, will do.

> cgiboudeaux wrote in FindPythonModuleGeneration.cmake:206-207
> This "if" is not needed if nothing happens.

Structural comment - if KDE_INSTALL_PYTHON${pyversion}DIR is set you can skip reading the whole block

> cgiboudeaux wrote in FindPythonModuleGeneration.cmake:209
> This variable is not defined anywhere, this if can be removed.

Yes, leftover ...

> cgiboudeaux wrote in FindPythonModuleGeneration.cmake:216
> elseif(NOT DEFINED KDE_INSTALL_PYTHON${pyversion}DIR)

Depends on which variable you want to win if both (K_I_PYTHONx_DIR and K_I_USE_PYTHONx_SYS_PATH) are defined

> cgiboudeaux wrote in FindPythonModuleGeneration.cmake:217
> "lib" is hardcoded. it shouldn't.
> the commit log also mentions the patch uses dist-packages on Debian and its forks. This is not the case here.

Keeping broken behaviour for backwards compatibility, see line 445, 455 in the original version.
If not installing below the python prefix, its an arbitrary path anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15070