D9446: WIP: Allow to autogenerate and install categories file

Ralf Habacker noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 29 09:49:51 UTC 2018

habacker added a comment.

  In D9446#284185 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D9446#284185>, @ltoscano wrote:

  > There can be more headers file for the same repository, and it has not been a problem in practice because the categories usually maps to different groups of files in different directories.
  >  See for example kopete, wacomtablet o kgraphviewer.

  I made a query to the kde git repos about the use of ecm_qt_declare_logging_category and got

    61 kdevelop
    57 kdepim-addons
    39 kdepim
    29 kdepim-runtime
    23 plasma-workspace
    20 kwin
    13 kstars
    11 messagelib
    11 ark
    11 akonadi-import-wizard
    10 akonadi

  Sure, it works, but is it efficient to have 61 files, for example in kdevelop, just to declare debug categories and always have to remember which ones to include?
  In Umbrello, for example, I have only one header file that contains debug support, regardless of part of the application.

  To have such support, ecm_qt_declare_logging_category only needs to bre able to append code fragments to the related header or cpp file

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9446