D15070: Bindings: Query the install directory from python

Ben Cooksley noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 31 23:30:30 BST 2018

bcooksley added a comment.

  All we do is set PYTHONPATH, to ensure that the directory we install additional things to is searched by Python.

  It is imperative however that things are not installed outside of CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX otherwise they will be missed by the capture process, and will not be available to future builds that depend on that project.

  From my reading of the code this will not be the case, as the value from get_python_lib() is not rebased from the general python install prefix (sys.prefix) to the install prefix given here.
  Note that this code will also break installation as a normal user as it will always try to install into the system prefix which won't work (unless you disable it, or run it as root)

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15070