D7736: Not-to-be-merged review of Python bindings generator

Shaheed Haque noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 13 15:14:36 UTC 2017

shaheed added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7736#154948, @jasontibbitts wrote:

  > I hate to add a ping without any useful review, but I'm quite interested in this effort as I have a pykde4-based application which I would really like to get ported to the modern frameworks.  Current distro packages of pykde4 are increasingly broken, and coverage of the existing bindings isn't sufficient to get the stuff I'm using (which isn't much, really) running.
  >
  > Is there anything that someone like me can do to help with this?

  Well, I only really got into this because I wanted to revive the Python support I added to Kate!

  In all seriousness, I strongly doubt that a SIP-based solution for PyKF5 can ever be sustained without a dedicated maintainer, and my starting premise for my work was this was not a viable prospect. As hinted on the mailing list I've now spent the last 2 days with cppyy, and once I have made a bit more progress will post an update on that.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7736