D8780: Try `llvm-config` to find `libclang`

Alex Turbov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 14 11:59:09 UTC 2017

turbov added a comment.

  @cgiboudeaux,

  Yep, this review is the first in series about to clean up the code of `FindPythongModuleGeneration` and make it generic (not only for Ubuntu) and flexible.
  It is why I want to clean up it from "hard-coded" values like `3.8`/`3.9` and "brute force" of any versions...

  So, obviously, this module requires `libclang` and `clang` executable.  I propose not to brute force the version, but just ask `clang --version` and give hints to library finder (i.e. when `llvm-config` is not available).
  In case of any failure, this module should have a variable(s) which can be overridden by a user via CLI and explicitly control what Clang it wants to use.

INLINE COMMENTS

> cgiboudeaux wrote in FindPythonModuleGeneration.cmake:213
> https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.12/cmake.html#command:find_library +
> https://cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2010-October/040460.html

Thanks for the last link... I'll fix it

REPOSITORY