D8780: Try `llvm-config` to find `libclang`

Alex Turbov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 13 00:49:25 UTC 2017

turbov created this revision.
Restricted Application added projects: Frameworks, Build System.
Restricted Application added subscribers: Build System, Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The current way to search for `libclang` doesn't work for me (Gentoo with clang 4 and 5 installed).
  Instead of "brute force", here is a "legal" way (at least for Linux distros) -- use `llvm-config` first, then "fallback" to the old way.

  BTW, the problem w/ the old-way in the used (expected) library name `libclang-X.Y`... actually, I never seen that name used (which distro it is?)

  PS. This is my first patch on the way to make python binding generation works for me (Gentoo). This is what I intended to make it work, cuz want to port Python host plugin to `kate5`.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8780

AFFECTED FILES
  find-modules/FindPythonModuleGeneration.cmake