D5865: Add missing KDE_ENABLE_NAMED_OPERATORS function

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 29 19:31:52 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  > That option only exists in MSVC 2017.

  Should we have deduce that from the docs I cite in the CMake comments? I'm willing to believe that I misread as far as support for named operators is concerned, but they do mention 2015 Update 3 specifically as the appearance of `/permissive-`.

  > But that has nothing to do with the named keywords. And the problem is not the compiler, it's Microsoft's Windows SDK headers.

  In what sense? Do they use reserved keywords or is the named operator support implemented in header files with macros or who knows what?

  And just to be clear, there is thus no reliable way to obtain support for named operators in MSVC, not even with v. 2017 (and foreseeable newer versions)?

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D5865