D5865: Add missing KDE_ENABLE_NAMED_OPERATORS function

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 29 12:34:24 UTC 2017

rjvbb marked an inline comment as done.
rjvbb added a comment.

  So, how do we proceed?

  When I asked other devs what compiler they used to build their MSWin bundles they all (both) said they can't use MSVC anyway because it's too buggy.

  If a compiler is problematic in general it may not be worth it trying to account for it in a macro, trying to coerce it into doing something it cannot handle. I don't think that's a reason not to implement the macro at all though. Even if we cannot figure out from what version onwards the /fpermissive- option works it could still be useful for cross-platform code that really needs named operator support to let the macro print a warning (or raise an error) when it is built with MSVC.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kfunk wrote in KDECompilerSettings.cmake:239
> Doesn't work on MSVC 2015 Update 3:
>
>   cl : Command line warning D9002 : ignoring unknown option '/permissive-'
>
> My Version:
>
>   Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 19.00.24215.1 for x64

Have you been (or are you) able to check from what version the option is accepted?

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D5865