Extremely poor quality of KWave's build system

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed May 24 21:04:03 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 8:36 PM, Luca Beltrame <lbeltrame at kde.org> wrote:
> Il giorno Tue, 23 May 2017 23:37:25 +0200
> Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> ha scritto:
>
>> On the actual problem, as a workaround, have you tried "apt-get
>> build-dep kwave" or the "synonymous" command in whatever OS the image
>> you're using has?
>
> My guess is that it would pull also the KDE software dependencies,
> which is something unwanted as they're handled by the CI itself.

Yes, that's correct. We don't install anything that comes from
git.kde.org, to entirely eliminate the possibility that system
binaries are used instead of binaries provided by the CI system
itself.

> But a workaround would be to watch the output and grab all non-KDE
> stuff there. (Not ideal, I know)

Yeah, that is an option. In some cases the list of Frameworks + Other
KDE packages (like ECM) makes sorting through such a list quite
formidable.
In many cases it's faster to just install what CMake is reporting as missing.

Cheers,
Ben