D6604: add a metainfo.yaml to make ECM a proper framework

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 11 20:56:54 UTC 2017

sitter added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6604#124228, @ochurlaud wrote:

  > At the time I thought about merging it but we would have to re-document everything in doxygen , which would be completely different from what upstream cmake does.
  >
  > The ECM page is already linked from the left menu. Does it make sense to have it in frameworks? It's more a prerequisite for the framework no?
  >
  > Anyway, a link would work though being suboptimal.

  The metainfo.yaml is a prerequisite for frameworks I think, yeah. If we could add a property to the yaml `generateApiDox: false` to prevent doxification of ECM that would also work all be it more work I suppose.

  BUT
  In a way, I am thinking that for consistency's sake it is actually nicer if ECM is listed alongside the other frameworks on https://api.kde.org/frameworks/index.html even if it then only links to the cmake documentation. It is, at the very least, more discoverable this way.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D6604