D9116: Make sure to search for Qt5-based qmlplugindump

Andreas Sturmlechner noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 3 10:35:24 UTC 2017

asturmlechner added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9116#174856, @dfaure wrote:

  > Which distro was this commit for? Looks like a debian/ubuntu path? If so, how did this go unnoticed until now?

  This is for Gentoo - now I don't do Qt packaging, but as far as I'm aware this is pretty vanilla.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9116#174871, @cgiboudeaux wrote:

  > it's a packaging issue if executables that don't have a .desktop file are not in PATH. An alternative could be to use qtpaths but it adds a dependency on qttools (and wouldn't help if it's installed in the same dir).

  The point of this change is that ECM should not rely on the default set by `qtchooser/default.conf` which can be either Qt4 or Qt5. qmlplugindump is not a binary that is exclusive to Qt5.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9116