D7094: Include a module for finding qml imports as runtime dependencies

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 8 14:13:00 UTC 2017

sitter added a comment.

  qmlplugindump not being found needs to be handled somehow. Other than that only minor nitpicks.

  (as always I'd also be more confident if it had a test case ;))

INLINE COMMENTS

> ECMFindQMLModule.cmake.in:30
> +
> +execute_process(COMMAND qmlplugindump "@MODULE_NAME@" "@VERSION@" ERROR_VARIABLE ERRORS_OUTPUT OUTPUT_VARIABLE DISREGARD_VARIABLE RESULT_VARIABLE ExitCode)
> +

Not sure if we have a common practice for this, but I am thinking this needs to have a `find_program()` and give suitable output if qmlplugindump itself cannot be found. Pointing the user towards qtdeclarative being needed to check qml dependencies.

> ECMQMLModules.cmake:14
> +# ::
> +#   ecm_find_qmlmodule(<module_name> <version>)
> +#

If I read the code correctly it takes vargs equal to `find_package`, may be worth mentioning.

> ECMQMLModules.cmake:60
> +    set_package_properties(${GENMODULE} PROPERTIES
> +        DESCRIPTION "${MODULE_NAME} is a runtime dependency"
> +        TYPE RUNTIME)

Description should probably mention that this is a qml module.

"QML module ${MODULE_NAME} is a runtime dependency" or something like that.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7094