FindDocbookXML4.cmake

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Mon Apr 17 17:48:21 UTC 2017

Allen Winter ha scritto:
> On Monday, April 17, 2017 1:14:01 PM EDT Luigi Toscano wrote:
>> Allen Winter ha scritto:

>>> I guess the only real question is which minimum version is required to make both happy?
>>>
>>> <      set(DocBookXML_FIND_VERSION "4.2")
>>> ---
>>
>> Not the same, the versions are different on purpose and should stay are they
>> are (KDocTools version is 4.5; 4.2 is the compatibility version used by
>> kdelibs4 documentation, so to ease the migration.
>>

> hmm.. but you would think the the DTD_PATH_LIST would be identical on both, no?
> if the only diff is the version, then maybe we can add a variable outside the Find.cmake file itself.

The variable is already there:
if (NOT DocBookXML_FIND_VERSION)
     set(DocBookXML_FIND_VERSION "4.5")
endif ()

but FindDocBookXML4 (and *XSLT) are not exported as they are only needed at
build time, so KDELibs4Support can't use the KDocTools version right now.

I know it's inconvenient (and against the "don't duplicate" principle that I
like so much); on the other side, this would be the second relevant change to
that file since 2014 (apart from fixing the license headers). Not sure it's
worth finding a solution different from "manually sync", but I'm open to ideas.

Ciao
--
Luigi