Taking a (semi-)break

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 22:01:19 UTC 2016

Alex Merry wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A combination of a serious illness in the family and some of the heated
> discussions taking place on other KDE mailing lists has led to me
> burning out on the KDE front. As a result, I'm taking a step back (some
> of you may have noticed this already). I expect to get back into the
> swing of things when I've recovered my energy, but I don't know how long
> that will be.

Thanks for all of your efforts in driving ECM forward the last few years!

While I was previously quite active in ECM, I left it behind to focus on
modernizing CMake itself for the last few years. That particular goal is
achieved as far as I am concerned, so I'm not so active in CMake anymore.

I'll pick up some of the slack on the ECM front, so that it's not something
you need to feel concerned about or feel a nagging responsibility for.

I totally understand the need to create some space between yourself and a
mood altering environment as KDE can at times be, and I applaud your
refocusing on giving family and yourself attention instead. Feel good about
that!

I'm going to have to catch up on some of what has happened since v1.0.0, and
find out what the important issues are these days. If you have some pointers
on the latter - which you didn't expand upon to not scare someone off :) -
please let me know.

I'll have a look around in the coming weeks at drop questions here if I have
any.

Thanks!

Steve.