Problem using Vc with CMake 3.0 and kf5

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed May 27 09:19:08 UTC 2015

On Wed, 27 May 2015, Matthias Kretz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Monday 25 May 2015 11:50:35 Alex Merry wrote:
>> The issue here is that Vc's macros implicitly assume that all compilation
>> flags (including include paths) are done at the directory level (with
>> include_directories() and setting CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS etc), while CMake is
>> moving  towards doing things at the target level (with
>> target_include_directories(), target_compile_options() and inheritance from
>> targets passed to target_link_libraries()).
>
> I have to admit I didn't know about this change in cmake. I think it's the
> right direction, though. I just started to read the relevant cmake
> documentation and then I'll see whether I can figure something out to make the
> macro work for target-based compiler flags.

I tried to build our stuff with Vc 0.7 but the VcMacros.cmake from Vc
master (which has b23418cd6494b90a20204b11f6cdb1f2bfd3877b, "change
vc_compile_for_all_implementations macro to use normal cmake compilation",
which makes the small example app build), but that didn't build with our
code: https://paste.kde.org/pysb0rhgk

Boudewijn