Severe behavioural change regressions in release branch

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Oct 24 19:50:12 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 5:44 AM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ben Cooksley wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It would appear that CMake 3.0 to 3.1 introduces a colossal change in
>> behaviour. This change totally breaks all KDE projects which use
>> Extra-CMake-Modules, as necessary headers are no longer installed.
>>
>> This has become an issue following http://build.kde.org/job/cmake/160/
>> which has led to a significant number of our projects failing to build
>> from source as can be seen here -
>> http://build.kde.org/view/Frameworks/

Hi Steve,

> Is build.kde.org now using the release branch of cmake.git instead of the
> next branch? When/why did that change?

This was changed around about
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2014-June/016670.html
The motivation behind the change was to get the CI system to have the
same setup as developers I think, and to avoid regressions in 3.1
which had been causing some build problems at the time. Those same
regressions are the ones causing us issues now.

Interestingly, the commit which was identified as causing the issue
occurred back in March, yet this thread was in June. So perhaps there
may be other commits interacting here (or that was the time when the
commit previously identified was merged into the next branch).

> Thanks,
>
> Steve.

Thanks,
Ben