Severe behavioural change regressions in release branch

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Oct 23 21:11:02 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It would appear that CMake 3.0 to 3.1 introduces a colossal change in
> behaviour. This change totally breaks all KDE projects which use
> Extra-CMake-Modules, as necessary headers are no longer installed.
>
> This has become an issue following http://build.kde.org/job/cmake/160/
> which has led to a significant number of our projects failing to build
> from source as can be seen here -
> http://build.kde.org/view/Frameworks/
>
> Someone needs to investigate this before CMake 3.1.0 goes out the door
> and fix it. I've no idea what the policy is in the CMake world, but in
> the KDE world this sort of compatibility breakage would be a release
> blocker.

And it would seem that the CMake developers prefer to live in their
own closed off little bubble. My post was automatically rejected.
Someone who is subscribed there will have to take this up with them.
I'm extremely displeased.

If they release CMake 3.1.0 with this regression, we should consider
forking CMake as their developers can't be trusted to ensure our code
remains buildable.

> Regards,
> Ben Cooksley
> KDE Sysadmin