[extra-cmake-modules] modules: Revert "use the NAME_PREFIX only for the test, not for the executable"

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon May 12 08:02:15 UTC 2014

On Sunday 11 May 2014 19:37:05 Saro Engels wrote:
> 1) are prefixes needed anywhere? They seem to be not needed because I
> have seen only one repo (kio) where more than one prefix is used at all.
> 2) however the answer to q.1 might be, it would be useful for windows
> to have all frameworks with the same code, e.g. ecm_add_test for
> single tests, ecm_add_tests for multiple tests.
> If somebody knows places where this isn't the case (e.g. ecm_add_test
> in an additional macro, I would like to here about it so I can fix it).

I added the prefixes in the testnames back when everything was in kdelibs, to
make it easier to find where a failing test came from.
Otherwise you'd see, in the make test output, something like
   modeltest ... FAILED
and you'd have no idea where to look for it.

Now that the frameworks are splitted, I suppose we could remove them all --
but ECM should still provide support for them IMHO, for bigger repositories
like, say, calligra. And what better way to provide something that works than
to use it ourselves ;)

But other than that, I don't mind if the prefixes get removed from the
frameworks's tests.

In any case, I didn't expect the executable name to be called e.g.
xmlgui-kxmlgui_unittest. That is quite odd and unexpected.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5