AndroidToolchain.cmake in ECM

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Fri Jul 11 11:30:54 UTC 2014

On Thursday 03 July 2014 02:04:31 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi,
> As you might have seen on my blog post [1],  I've been working on Android
> support for kde. Part of this effort resulted in a cmake toolchain file we
> can use to ensure everything is found properly and adds some help targets
> to generate the apk packages.
>
> Now I'd like to make sure everyone knows about this and can take advantage
> from it,  so I'd like to move it to ecm. It can use some love,  but it's
> already really useful.
>
> Where do you guys think this should go in ecm?
> If anyone is up for reviewing it, please take a look at [2].
>
> Thanks!
> Aleix
>
> [1] http://www.proli.net/2014/06/12/kde-software-on-android/
>
> [2] http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fapol%2Fkalgebraandroid.git
>
> (AndroidToolchain.cmake,
> android-libkalgebratarget.so-deployment-settings.json, Platform/)

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about either android development or CMake
toolchains to be able to review this.

It looks like you have to specify the file directly, in which case we wouldn't
want to put it in any of the directories we add suggest adding to
CMAKE_MODULE_PATH. Perhaps a separate toolchains directory? Then the builder
would use -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/usr/share/ECM/toolchains/android.cmake, or
some such.

Its usage (especially the variables) would need to be documented, of course.