[karchive] /: Show how qmake integration can be done.

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Wed Jan 8 01:07:54 UTC 2014

On Wed, January 8, 2014 00:13:57 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> >> +QT. at PRI_TARGET_BASENAME@.defines = @PRI_TARGET_DEFINES@
> >>
> >> stephen at hal:~/dev/build/qtbase/qtbase$ grep -i defines mkspecs/modules-
> >> inst/qt_lib_network.pri
> >> QT.network.DEFINES = QT_NETWORK_LIB
> >
> > What's your point?
>
> Looks like no one else on the list can see the point either... :/
>
> Why would I pass -i to grep like that?

It could just be me (I've been dozed out of this whole thread...) but it looks
like it simply makes it possible to match both "@foo.DEFINES" and
"@foo.defines" lines with a single grep command.

In other words, it makes the regex pattern into a case-insensitive match,
which looks like is necessary here since the .pri.in had a ".defines" which
got converted into the end to a ".DEFINES", if I'm understanding things right.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne