[karchive] /: Show how qmake integration can be done.

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 02:28:42 UTC 2014

2014/1/4 David Faure <faure at kde.org>:
> On Saturday 04 January 2014 23:13:49 Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> David Faure wrote:
>> > I'd be happy to hear about how I can do it in a nice way: ideally I'd want
>> > to automatically get the "VARIABLE_PREFIX" passed to ecm_setup_version,
>> > since I need that to get the version numbers.
>>
>> It seems odd to me to use UPPERCASE KARCHIVE_* for those variables instead
>> of KArchive_*.
>
> No no, I only need VARIABLE_PREFIX to be able to get
> ${${VARIABLE_PREFIX}_VERSION_MAJOR}
> For instance ${KARCHIVE_VERSION_MAJOR}, which is where the version number is
> stored.
> Everything else uses KArchive_*.

You're asking to make ecm_setup_version() store the VARIABLE_PREFIX in
a framework-name-agnostic variable, so you can get it later and do
${${VARIABLE_PREFIX}_VERSION_MAJOR}.
Instead, what about making ecm_setup_version() store the version
number in a set of framework-name-agnostic variables, in addition to
the framework-name-prefixed veriables? PROJECT_VERSION_MAJOR? Maybe
FRAMEWORK_VERSION_*?

--
Nicolás