KF5 include problems on the build.kde.org?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Jan 4 14:37:34 UTC 2014

On Saturday 04 January 2014 15:09:14 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am currently struggling to have the KF5 port of Okteta not only build
> > locally (what it does fine), but also on KDE's build server:
> > could anybody hint to me why on the build server the file KLocalizedString
> > is
> > not found for include on building of the static lib kastencoretestio:
> I have similar problems with kate on build.kde.org, here it builds, locally,
> with a fresh usr/build/src dir,
>
> there it fails unable to find KXMLGUIClient header.
>
> http://build.kde.org/view/Unstable/job/kate_frameworks_qt5/90/console

Strange. Let me log onto the server (slave1) to see why it fails there.

/srv/jenkins/install/linux/x86_64/g++/kf5-qt5/frameworks/kxmlgui/inst/lib64/cmake/KF5XmlGui/KF5XmlGuiTargets.cmake
does say
set_target_properties(KF5::XmlGui PROPERTIES
  INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES "${_IMPORT_PREFIX}/include/KF5/KXmlGui;${_IMPORT_PREFIX}/include/KF5"
  INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES "Qt5::DBus;Qt5::Xml;Qt5::Widgets;KF5::ConfigCore;KF5::ConfigWidgets"
)

and yet include/KF5/KXmlGui is not in part of the command-line for compiling ktexteditor.cpp.o

Ah yep, this is why:

target_link_libraries(ktexteditor LINK_PUBLIC KF5::Parts
                                  LINK_PRIVATE KF5::I18n)
-> KF5::XmlGui missing.

What I don't understand is that it works locally, "-isystem /d/kde/inst/kde_frameworks/include/KF5/KXmlGui"
is part of the command line for ktexteditor.cpp.o

The only difference I can think of is that build.kde.org uses cmake next while I use cmake master....
But that would mean master is better than next, it's able to follow the dependencies of KF5::KParts,
which include KF5::KXmlGui, and parse their "Targets.cmake" file? CC'ing kde-buildsystem,
I'm a bit lost about the mechanisms involved here and why they would work differently in master and in next.

I'll do a full rebuild with cmake next, just to test.