substitution for KDE4_ADD_APP_ICON cmake macro

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Jan 1 17:08:09 UTC 2014

On Sunday 29 December 2013, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 20 December 2013 14:59:45 Michal Humpula wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I was wondering if there is a recommended migration path from
> > KDE4_ADD_APP_ICON cmake makro.
>
> This stuff is indeed missing on
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/ECM_SourceIncompatChanges ....
>
> Moving the discussion to kde-buildsystem.
>
> Looking at the kde4 code (below) I see that this is Windows and Mac
> specific, and does nothing on Unix.
> No idea if cmake has something like this, or should get that, or this
> should go into ECM?

Same here.
At some point some Windows developer added that, and it seemed to be useful
and have a very specific name, so it was Ok to go into the set of KDE4 macros.
Alter on some code for OSX  was added, which seemed to do something
comparable.

It seemed ok to me to go into KDE4Macros.cmake, I have no opinion whether this
is something for ECM or cmake.