qca-qt5 package name

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Wed Dec 17 11:47:50 UTC 2014

alohas.

recently the QCA maintainer and I got into a discussion [1] whether a
qca-qt5 library should be a different config inside the same cmake
package or an independent one (detailed discussion in the longest
comment thread of the review).

> find_package(Qca NAMES Qca-qt5 Qca-QT5 Qca-5 Qca REQUIRES)

or

> find_package(Qca-qt5)

former is very much in line with the maintainer's expectation of how
qca is supposed to have any odd suffix supplied by the distro [2] that
would eventually disappear, whereas my thinking in latter is that if
distros start shipping a suffixed version it is here to stay and
really should not be considered a configuration within the regular QCA
package.

any thoughts on whether one is more desirable than the other? I am not
quite sure what one would generally consider proper here.

[1] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/121323/
[2] https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/121168/

HS