Replacement for kde4_add_app_icon ?

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Fri Aug 29 10:05:27 UTC 2014

On Friday 15 August 2014 12:31:07 Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Am 15.08.2014 11:50, schrieb Alex Merry:
> > On Tuesday 12 August 2014 12:52:25 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> >> Hi, i've been porting some of my apps to KF5 work and I'm noticing there
> >> doesn't seem to be (or i can't find) a replacement for kde4_add_app_icon.
> >>
> >> This seems like a problem for the support in windows/macosX. Is there any
> >> plan to work on an ecm version? Or it already exists and i failed to find
> >> it? Or it was decided on purpose not to support it?
> >
> > I had a look at it before 1.0, and it seemed a little hacky (including
> > requiring png2ico on Windows),
>
> which was included in the required kdewin(-tools) package
> Ralf

Useful to know; I'm not sure I want ECM depending on that, however. And paths
get complicated on Windows.

One possibility might be to include that tool with ECM. Alternatively, we
could just suck it up and put a big warning on ecm_add_application_icon saying
that it has this dependency on Windows (that dep should provide a CMake config
file, ideally).