Review Request 108954: Fix FindLibUSB1

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Feb 15 17:13:38 UTC 2013

On Thursday 14 February 2013, Yury Georgievich Kudryashov wrote:
> > On Feb. 14, 2013, 6:12 p.m., Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > As long as e-c-m is not released yet, there is still time for source
> > > incompatible changes. But please list them here:
> > > http://techbase.kde.org/Development/ECM_SourceIncompatChanges
>
> We missed one point: FPHSA sets ${UPCASE_NAME}_FOUND, not ${NAME}_FOUND.
> BTW, are there any plans to change this (say, set both variables)?

No real plans, no.

Personally I have no preference.
It is just that as I see it, the big majority of existing Find-modules uses
ALLUPPERCASE variable names (like 70% or so), while only a minority uses
ExactCase (20% or so). And there is overlap, and some count as both.

For that reason, I would have stayed with ALLUPPERCASE.
But it seems everybody prefers CamelCase, even if this means inconsistent
FOO_FOUND vs. Foo_FOUND variables (especially together with the ALLUPPERCASE
part of the variables IMO the ExactCase looks less pretty than on its own).