frameworks build instructions wrong / won't work with kubuntu 14.04

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 14:15:58 UTC 2013

http://launchpadlibrarian.net/159659245/cmake_2.8.12.1-1ubuntu1_2.8.12.1-1ubuntu2.diff.gz

> b) semi-hardcodes qmake/moc/rcc to the system Qt path
> /usr/lib/$architecturetriplet/... when env DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH is set
> (which apparently is always the case when building a package on
> ubuntu)

There is no reason to do so.

http://launchpadlibrarian.net/160197164/cmake_2.8.12.1-1ubuntu2_2.8.12.1-1ubuntu3.diff.gz

>> 2) Why does the package creation result in broken cmake files generated
>> from the Qt tarball?
>
> The files (or rather paths set in there) are simply overridden as per
> the cross compilation stuff described above.

There is no reason to do so.

> Since you want the host
> architecture tooling (e.g. i386) but the qt cmake config would point
> to the target tooling (e.g. arm),

This claim makes no sense. In a Qt cross compile build, the tooling is built
for the host.

So, the packaging is still doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Steve.