Requiring cmake 2.8.9 for kdelibs 4.10 ?

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Sat Sep 29 10:18:57 UTC 2012

Am Samstag 29 September 2012, 12:12:43 schrieb André Wöbbeking:
> On Saturday 29 September 2012 11:59:04 Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > Am Samstag 29 September 2012, 11:48:16 schrieb André Wöbbeking:
> > > Hi Alex,

> > > Do you really need 2.8.9 or would 2.8.8 from April also be sufficient?
> > > The
> > > older version would probably cause less trouble?!?
> >
> > What trouble would it cause?
>
> Well it's one more dependency to fulfill before you can build KDE. Probably
> no problem for most people here but maybe for distributions or users.

If distros go and upgrade their KDE tarballs to get the new version, what more
hassle is it to just drop in a new CMake tarball before? CMake doesn't have
any dependency changes in the last time I know of and also ships everything
needed inside it's own tarball. So you are right that this is one more
package, but I bet that KDE SC 4.10 would require other things to be upgraded
too. But CMake will be the easiest thing to upgrade IMHO.

Eike