Requiring cmake 2.8.9 for kdelibs 4.10 ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Sep 29 09:48:03 UTC 2012

On Saturday 29 September 2012, André Wöbbeking wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On Saturday 29 September 2012 10:36:55 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I know this will cause some effort, because I guess only few
> > distributions already come with CMake 2.8.9, but doing this once again
> > after 2 1/2 years seems acceptable for me.
>
> Do you really need 2.8.9 or would 2.8.8 from April also be sufficient? The
> older version would probably cause less trouble?!?

Actually I'd prefer 2.8.10, to be released beginning of November, which might
even still make it before the dependency freeze :-)

Absolute minimum is 2.8.8:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2012-April/049955.html

This is 2.8.9:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.general/64919

It additionally has the new POSITION_INDEPENDENT_CODE target property,
generating man pages for different sections, and the usual set of bug fixes :-)

To make it short, when upgrading CMake, and causing some pain by this, I'd
like to have the maximum outcome of it, i.e. the most recent version possible.