Git tags for KDE releases

Ralf Jung post at ralfj.de
Sun Sep 2 13:34:48 UTC 2012

Hi,
>> kdepimlibs uses uuid-dev (for libuuid), but does not properly complain
>> if it can't find the headers.
>
> Shouldn't need to complain.  It does a conditional compile on HAVE_UUID_UUID_H
> If it finds uuid/uuid.h then it uses those headers, else not.
> Did you find otherwise?  If so, please let me know the details so I can fix.
It compiled properly without those headers, but I assumed that some
functionality will be missing. Usually, if that's the case, such a
dependency is listed in the summary, as otherwise it's hard to know
whether all features will be available in whatever one compiled.
If no additional functionality is added depending on that header, I
wonder why it is included at all ;-)

Kind regards,
Ralf